The best air horns for trucks can make the difference in many traffic situations. With distinct sounds, every driver and pedestrian knows that a truck is approaching when hearing it. Apart from offering a distinct sound, these horns also offer loud sounds, with an average of 150db. This is why they create instant impact and they can signal other traffic participants of the presence of a vehicle as large as a truck.
While distracted driving is dangerous in any situation, it’s especially dangerous when large trucks are on the road. Fully loaded, a semi can weigh as much as 40 tons, making it difficult for a truck driver to avoid a last-minute, tragic situation.
Even worse, semis are much louder than the average passenger vehicle, making it harder for a trucker to get the attention of and alert other drivers. Because of these factors, many truck drivers use air horns rather than standard vehicle horns. Air horns are much louder and have distinctive tones that stand out in the noise of traffic.
If you’re in the market for an air horn, we can help. Our shopping guide and recommended products can point you in the right direction.
Why you should trust us
Air Horns of Texas has more than 20 years of experience selling and installing commercial-grade air horns. All of our products include a one-year warranty and are backed by 100% satisfaction guarantee.
We sell air horn kits or single air horns in a variety of prices, sizes, and sounds. The Truck Horn Kit includes the TH24 Brass Air Horn great for creating an ear-busting 18-wheeler sound for your truck. For an even louder sound, select the Dual Truck horn Kit with the chrome-finished TH24″ & TH21″ Rectangular Brass Horns.
5 Best Air Horns For Trucks of 2021:
As one of the most affordable air horns for trucks, the product is recommended for all types of uses. From the small car to the commercial truck making its way through heavy traffic, the air horn can handle any situation. It is made with a lightweight profile. Even if it looks as if made from metal, the plastic horn is actually chrome-coated to ensure its durability and even a distinct look while mounted.
There is a small compressor which needs to be installed with the horn as well. Finding its best location should be done according to the instructions manual. Of course, since the air horn works with a compressor, it also needs power from the truck’s battery. This is why it also ships with a 12V adapter.
With a 150db capacity, the air horn is loud enough to be heard from a distance, which is what truck drivers want. Some of the most intuitive users of the air horn have also been seen it installed on vehicles as an anti-theft measure as it can sound loud whenever a break-in is attempted.
The versatility of the air horn also allows it to be considered for other vehicles. So during the offseason when truckers might be stuck at home, they can remove it from the truck and mount it on their cars. The installation process is easy and it is only limited by the availability of a 12V outlet. Suitable for trucks, SUVs, boats, and trains, this versatile air horn is one of the attractive options in its class, combining loud noises with a simple installation process based on great affordability.
- Made with a distinct chrome look
- Capable of producing 150db
- Can be installed in various locations on the truck
- Uses a standard 12V connector
- The wiring could be thicker
Asmahan Air Horn is amongst the best electric train horn for cars and trucks. It is made of high-quality material and black-plated metal to ensure maximum strength and durability for long-lasting usage. The black-plated coating is designed to be weather resistant.
It can blare a loud sound level with a powerful 150DB sound. The kit includes an air compressor that has a 1.59-gallon tank and pumps up to 100 psi. It has a safety protection feature, which means if the compressor goes above 176°F, it will automatically shut off and start back up when it has cooled down.
They come in a set of 4 trumpets, so the sound is thunderous and clear. It is thanks to its heavy-duty 150 PSI air pressure and oil-less design that this horn kit can become so powerful for your truck. The air tank capacity is 1.5 gallons big, so you can easily attract the attention of reckless drivers with a free horn button included.
- Black-plated coating
- Durable material
- 150DB sound level
- 1.50-gallon tank
- Auto shut off safety feature
- Onboard air system sold separately
If you are in the market for a truck train horn, then this could be an option for you. You could be looking for a horn which could magnify the sound for you to be able to use it while you are driving in streets which are busy or while at high speed. It has a clear and super loud sound of about 140dB which could just be what you are looking for.
I bought it for my car and at the moment, I am really enjoying the sound as it is just perfect for me. It is catching the eyes and ears of other drivers on the road and I am happy.
They have an operating range of between 70PSI to 120 PSI with 120PSI being good enough which will keep it functional for some time. When it comes to its performance, there is an electrical solenoid which is included with the horn that has an effect on the sound, making it be on the higher side due to the solenoid.
You can resolve the problem with the solenoid by getting a different one which might turn out to be a bother. If you get a solenoid which is better, you might not regret due to the fact that it will improve the product significantly and it will work well for a longer time.
- The horns look great and could fit on various trucks
- Air powered, Large trumpet opening
- Stainless steel brackets
- Super clear and loud 140dB
- Too big for some trucks
The air horn is one of the simplest and most efficient in its class. But there has been extra attention placed on its design, especially on the compressor. As a result, the air horn can be used in salty environments.
Used to signal animals on the road, to warn pedestrians or to simply warn traffic participants, the air horn is made with two trumpets. The large one has been designed with a length of 11,5 inches while the short one has a length of 9 inches.
Gampro also added a quality compressor to the pack. It comes with an even smaller size of 4,4 inches. Unlike most compressors, it actually comes with a durable profile. While most compressors come with an iron terminal, Gampro uses a copper terminal. Heat treatment is applied on the compressor and its cables are made from copper instead of aluminum, which give it its durable profile, even in the most difficult conditions.
This compact solution is an alternative to many compressor-based air horns with the added benefit of the extra copper durability.
- Includes all mounting hardware
- Based on a copper air compressor
- Suitable for difficult weather conditions
- Included inline fuse holder
- Instructions can be improved
Though small and compact, this car air horn will give you one of the best sounds that you are looking for. The installation you will not require much space. But despite it being small, it will be able to give you an incredible sound that is at 139dB which makes it be among the loudest models.
It is an electrical car horn which is easy to install with all that is required being operational at 12V current that you will easily tap from the vehicle. It has a tone of 530Hz when at its lowest, and 680Hz at its highest.
It’s a model which is waterproof and thus, it will not get damaged by water in case you get entangled in bad weather. So this means that, if you are regularly going across stretches of water, then you can consider this particular car horn.
On the downside, the instructions are not good for newbies as it is hard to follow. But if you are experienced in the installation of car horns, then you will not have any problem with DIY installation.
- Compact and small
- Waterproof and weatherproof
- High tonality of 680 Hz
- Flexible and thus can be installed in all types of vehicles
- Easy installation for those with experience
- Instructions not clear
- Made from ABS plastic materials which are not very durable for car horns
Features to Consider in Good Air Horns for Trucks
Truck air horns tend to be uncomplicated. If properly made, truck air horns are easy to install and easy to use. They should be durable as well as they need to deal with changing weather conditions. Available in different prices, air horns for trucks are made using different materials.
- Volume: The sound level of the air horns is the most important. Some of the leading designs on the market have a capacity close to 150db. The enhanced sound capacity is based on the trumpet-style design and on the truck’s power source.
- Design: Apart from ensuring the sound is at loud it should be, the design of the air horns should also allow easy installation. This is why some of the best air horns for trucks are also some of the easiest to install.
- Power connectivity: Most air horns need a power source. The easiest constant power sources actually come from the truck’s battery. This is why a free 12V outlet is needed for most air horns. Here are the best choices truckers can consider at the moment.
Air horns for trucks price
Because of the range of features and options, air horns vary significantly in price.
- Inexpensive: Models that cost $50 or less are the most basic air horns on the market and focus on compactness over quality and sound. These horns have a single trumpet and are often small enough to be installed on cars and motorcycles in addition to trucks.
- Mid-range: Air horns that cost between $50 and $100 represent a big step up in quality and sound. Many of these horns are advertised as train horns but are designed to be installed in a truck. Virtually all the products in this category include multiple trumpets and heavy-duty components designed to last.
- Expensive: The air horns that cost between $100 and $500 are the best of the best. Horns in this category have multiple trumpets, sometimes as many as five. They’re made from the highest-quality, anticorrosive materials and are designed to operate under the harshest conditions. They also produce the richest, loudest sound.
Make your presence known everywhere you go with these air horns for trucks. These powerful air horns are designed to put out a deafening honk that will make sure everyone around you knows that you’re here. These horns are offered in different sizes, types, and sounds, but they are designed to fit a range of pickup trucks and to install simply.